Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Cold Fury (Cold Fury #1) by T.M. Goeglein

Summery (From Goodreads)


Sara Jane Rispoli is a normal sixteen-year-old coping with school and a budding romance--until her parents and brother are kidnapped and she discovers her family is deeply embedded in the Chicago Outfit (aka the mob).

Now on the run from a masked assassin, rogue cops and her turncoat uncle, Sara Jane is chased and attacked at every turn, fighting back with cold fury as she searches for her family. It's a quest that takes her through concealed doors and forgotten speakeasies--a city hiding in plain sight. Though armed with a .45 and 96K in cash, an old tattered notebook might be her best defence--hidden in its pages the secret to "ultimate power." It's why she's being pursued, why her family was taken, and could be the key to saving all of their lives.

3/5 Stars Review



I have to say that this book didn't start in a way I enjoyed. The first 100 pages were just a back story for the main character Sara Jane's entire life, which in my option -the important things- could have summed up in about a page. These first 100 page meant I had to give this book a lower rating which is sad because I really enjoyed the rest of the book. I took me ages to get into the book and I got a bit board in the first 100 page but after that it got so much better.

Once the action started it was full on, though Sara does -in my mind- seem a bit calm with the fact her family has been kidnaped. I love the way in which she has managed to work out her families place in Outfit, and in turn her place in it as well. I also like the range of different charter's that Sara meets that are part of the organisation. I thought we might get some kind of solutions at the end of this book but there are very few things that get resolved. In fact we just get snippets of information which I think open up more questions than answers. It does also look like there might be slightly more romance in the next book which defiantly add to this story for me. 


Please let me know in the comments if you have read this book, as I have yet to hear anyone talk about!