Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard

Synopsis (From Goodreads)

 The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.

Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.

But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?



5/5 Stars Review

 

Wow... I have to say was both excited and a bit sceptical when I picked this book up, as I had heard so many amazing things about it but the last hyped book I read I didn't enjoy it as much as I was expecting. However with this book it was not hyped enough it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

Let start with the world which has been created. I have heard it been liked to the 'Hunger Games' world and I can see the similarities such as the ruling class and the run down villages, but I think I like this world better and there are so many differences I couldn't list them all, so don't let that put you off. We get to see lots of the court intrigue on the ruling class in this book and I have to say that I really enjoyed to see the divisions not only between the red bloods and the silver bloods but also within these two groups.

The character's in this book are well developed and realistic I loved them! Mare is such a great main character and the royal family are so complex. The magical element to this book was also great and I loved the different kinds of powers which are revealed as the plot unfolds.

This book was really good and then I hit the last 50 pages and I couldn't stop reading it had me on the edge of my seat with my brain hardly managing to processing what I was reading. It was such a good book and I highly recommend it.