Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, December 18, 2015

Tis the Season Book Tag

ONE WEEK LEFT TILL CHRISTMAS!!


So I thought I would do a Christmas related book tag;Tis the Season Book Tag was make last year by RichardDenney over on YouTube and have recently watched a few people do this tag so thought I would give it a go. I feel as though over the last few months I haven't really been blogging that much so I can't wait to talk/share books with you all. So we have 7 (quite easy) Questions to get through so let get started:

1. Do you have a favourite Winter read?

In short no. I read about all these people who change their reading list to fit the season but when I have tried to do this I haven't kept to it (also one of the reasons I haven't done TBR posts yet) so I don't have a favourite book to read  in winter I just read what I fancy at that time.


2. Find a book with blue on the cover!

So this was very easy and yet quite hard. I have so many blue books on my shelves but I have chosen Bitterblue by Kristen Cashore and this is purely because the cover is blue and has these snow coverd mountains in the background and moody clouds, I have to say that I wasn't impressed by the actual story in this book, I loved Graceling which is the first book in the series but the cover is green so I couldn't choose that one.


3. Find a book you’d use as the star on a Christmas tree?

For this one I would have to choose Winter by Marissa Meyer the fourth and last book in the Lunar Chronicles. I chose this because firstly its called winter could your think anything more appropriate? Also the cover is so pretty although I am not sure that it would stay on the tree considering it's size!!





4. Pick one fictional place that would be perfect for a Winter vacation!

I feel as though everyone has used Hogwarts as their answer for this question but I have to agree with them. Hogwarts is portrayed as so pretty in the Films during the Christmas scenes that is defiantly were I would want to be.


5. Pick one fictional character you’d take with you on your Winter vacation!

I would want someone who was fun to be around who was sarcastic and knew how to party but could also be serious when I needed them to be... Jace from the Mortal Instruments series? OH NO wait..Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles! Yes Thorne would be perfect though I fear for all the ladies, I can just see him hang out around the mistletoe!
 

 6. Name one book on your Wishlist this year!

 

Snow Like Ashes by


7. Favourite Holiday drink, treat, & movie?

Favourite drink? Well I love Hot Chocolate all year round but I often drink it more as the weather get colder but for my Christmas drink I would have to choose Mulled Wine, it just lovely and for the last few year I have managed to get mum to make us some.
 
Favourite treat? Well I like my homemade mince pies but not the shop bought ones so I can't say that I like all mice pies. However I adore chocolate log I can't make this myself (believe me I have tried!) and all the bought ones I have tried have all been delicious!   
 
Favourite Christmas movie? I have yet to find a great Christmas film! Every year me and my family watch some version of the Christmas Carol (my favourite version is the muppets Christmas carol) and also Miracle on 34th Street. This year we have actually bought a load of new (to us) Christmas films to try out including Elf which I can't remember the last time I watched (so it much have been quite a few years ago.) So I am hoping to find my favourite holiday film soon.
 
Well that's for this tag I hope you enjoyed it, if you haven't done this tag before I am now tagging you, go and get into the Christmas Spirit!!