Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #11 - Cross the Stars by Venessa Kimball

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!

Release Date: 8th March 2016
Add on Goodreads
Pre-order on Kindle (UK) (US

Synopsis from Goodreads

She is American. A commoner, an outsider. Min barra. He is Jordanian royalty. A prince, already promised to another. And their worlds are about to collide.

A year shy of graduating from Georgetown University, Ella Wallace feels like she is losing direction. Having carved her own path through life, rejecting her family’s elitist influences, the last thing she wants is to waste time and prove her parents right. A happenstance summer-long program abroad offers the perfect opportunity to immerse herself in volunteer work, finding richness in family and purpose she has never experienced before.

Prince Rajaa bin Ammaar is returning home to Jordan from Georgetown University. His intent is to spearhead a refugee program meant to bring peace to his country. Amidst threats of civil war and revolt, Raj stands for his convictions, even when they challenge his family and the very culture he is preordained to uphold.

A chance encounter at a crowded party in D.C. brought Ella and Raj together for one fleeting moment – two people never thought to meet again. But it’s not until their diverse worlds collide in Jordan that they realize the power of their connection. With the refugee program as their reuniting bond, they must cross the stars and defy their clashing cultures to protect their forbidden love.
 

Why I am Waiting

I came across this book on Cover2cover (also where I got the cover photo from) just this week. Now, I am not normally into contemporary books I am more of a fantasy girl but something about this book interests me. Maybe it's the royal falling for the commoner, always been a bit of a sucker for that situation! There is one lonely, but glowing review up on Goodreads so I think I shall give this book a go, I am trying to expand the genres I read and this is meant to be Adult, Contemporary, Romance (plus it is currently only £0.99!) so this is another book I'm adding to my TRB!!