Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, July 21, 2016

5 Reasons to Buy Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

So I was lucky enough to get a proof copy of Nevernight by Jay Kristoff and I loved it. There has been quite a bit of hype surrounding it in the last few months, so I thought I would share a few quick reasons why not to ignore the hype, and try the book for yourself.
 
 
Add on Goodreads
 

Synopsis From Goodreads

Destined to destroy empires, Mia Covere is only ten years old when she is given her first lesson in death.

Six years later, the child raised in shadows takes her first steps towards keeping the promise she made on the day that she lost everything.

But the chance to strike against such powerful enemies will be fleeting, so if she is to have her revenge, Mia must become a weapon without equal. She must prove herself against the deadliest of friends and enemies, and survive the tutelage of murderers, liars and demons at the heart of a murder cult.

The Red Church is no Hogwarts, but Mia is no ordinary student.

The shadows love her. And they drink her fear
 
 

1) Such a Beautiful Cover Design.

Photo from author's twitter.
 
Look at these covers and THOSE PAGES!! Got to love coloured pages, imagine all the wonderful pictures that are going to be created featuring this book, can't wait. I am personally not a huge fan of the US cover for this book but the UK and AUS one is so pretty and detailed. You can also check out some Pictures of Inside which I found from the publishers over on twitter.
 

2) It Felt Like A Real School For Assassins

Okay so I don't know what a real school for assassin would be like but  honestly this is the kind of place I would imagine. As the synopsis says it 'is no Hogwarts' it really means it, this place it brutal and full of dangers from the most unlikely places.  
 

3) The Most Awesome Library

Now as book lover I of course love a good library and The Red Church's library is unique is so many ways that I just had to love the concept. Although getting the knowledge from this library has it's own ... difficulties.
 

4) The Glorious Use of Footnotes  

I don't think that I have ever read a book with footnotes and I loved the way which they were used in this book. They were wonderful for expanding our knowledge of the world, as well as some great side comments from our narrator which are hilarious.
 

5) It Should Appeal To The Masses

I don't quite know what this book is being marketed as, young adult or adult but I think it will appeal to a wide age range of fantasy lovers. Although this book totally has some more 'adult' content I think the young adult fantasy readers will love it ( I mean look at the reaction to A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas! ) any way the YA genre is constantly changing.

***