Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Show Me The Books #10 - Your Surprise Parentage and Their Powers


Show me the Books is a feature where I share with you some books within a theme, and then hopefully you, will tell me in the comments (or link to your own blog post) other books that you have heard of or have read within that theme.
 
If you read Urban Fantasy books then today's theme is going to be pretty familiar (in the none witchy way) to you. What connects all of todays books is the main character discovers that their parentage isn't what they thought (mainly not human!), and this has some big impacts for them.
 

1) Ash (HIVE Trilogy #1) by Jaymin Eve and Leia Stone 

This was a book which I have put off reading for ages (for no reason I can think of) and I wish I had picked it up earlier. It has one of my favourite situations, where a kick-ass, stubborn and determined woman is thrown into a male dominated world. I loved this book and can't wait for more books in the series to be released, read a teaser from this book here.
 

2) Finding My Pack (My Pack #1) by Lane Whitt

 I was originally put off by the covers of these books but I enjoyed a different reverse harem book and thought since this was one too I would give it a try. You can read my thoughts on this book here but, I loved the way that this book was written and I have fallen in love with all the different characters.
 

3) Angelbound (Angelbound #1) by Christina Bauer

With this book I felt as though the 'surprise parentage' was not too much of a surprise, and was a bit predictable. Although as the series continues to be written/read I look forward to seeing how our main character deals with the implications of her parentage.
 

4) Bloodfire (Blood Destiny #1) by Helen Harper

I did a review of this series (see it here) but I loved this series but, I have to admit the main reason I kept reading this series was for the romance; one fiery tempered and revenge driven woman and one alpha werewolf, need I say more?
 

5) The Legend of the Blue Eyes by B. Kristin McMichael 

For Arianna, our main character, the revelation of her parents true inheritance throws her into a dangerous new world. The Blue Eyes Trilogy follows her as she has to quickly adapt to a new set of rule and way of life. I feel as though these books weren't quite as strong as the others I have mentioned today but I did enjoy it and you can see my full thoughts here.
 
***

NOW IT'S OVER TO YOU:

 Can you think of any books that you have read that have this trope?

Are all the books that fit this trope urban fantasy books or can you think of some high fantasy books?(I struggled to think of any!)