Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Bookaholics Anonymous Book Tag

It has been ages since I have done a book tag and although I haven't been tagged by anyone to do this one I saw it over on Jenn Faughnan blog, and thought I would give it a try.

 
1. What do you like about buying new books?
I love scrolling or browsing through all those books and discovering something that is right-up my street and then taking it home (or waiting impatiently for the postman to bring it) and devour it as fast as I can turn the pages, before adding to my bookcase (so I can stare at the spine for hours on end) and gushing over it.
 
2. How often do you buy new books?
Far too often. I depends on the month but generally every couple of weeks.
 
 
3. Bookstore or online book shopping – which do you prefer?
I am more often a online book shopper, purely because they are generally slightly cheaper and I life an hour away from my closest bookshop. 
 
4. Do you have a favourite bookshop?
I wish I could say that, there was this amazing secret little bookshop that I love hanging out in, but no I visit several chain bookshops to do physical bookshop in my local area.
 Although I do live close-ish to Leakey's bookshop (picture below) I am ashamed to say I rarely go into it!
 
5. Do you preorder books?
Not very often, as I generally am frustrated when it doesn't arrive on the publish date, the only place that I have found actually deliver's on the release date is amazon. However they don't take the money out of my account until they send it and I like to keep a tight reign on bank balance, so the two don't really work together.
 
6. Do you have a monthly book buying limit?
At the beginning of the year I did try this but I quickly went over my limit, so quickly abandoned this idea and more recently I have restricted by finances anyway! 
 
7. Book buying bans – Are they something for you?
I know that I would fail within the first day of a complete book buying ban, so just no.
 
8. How big is your wishlist?
There is a reason that the tag line for this blog is 'Building a TBR mountain, one book recommendation at a time' and that is because my TBR is huge and is NEVER going to end. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger!
 
9. Which three books from your wishlist do you wish to own NOW?
I am going to go for some published books that I keep putting off buying because I want the hardback editions and hardbacks are expensive:

- Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
-The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
-Rebel of the Sands by A. Hamilton

However, if I could time travel I would have:
- Throne of Glass book 6
-A Court of Thorns and Roses book 3
-Blood for Blood book 3
 
10. Tagging?
ANYONE reading this, go and do this tag for you have been tagged.