Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #21 - Daughter of the Pirate King

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!
 
Release Date: 28th February 2017 (Hardback not released in the UK until 1st March)  
 
Pre-order from: Amazon (UK) || Amazon (US) || Book Depository
 
 

 Synopsis From Goodreads

If you want something done right....
 
When the ruthless Pirate King learns of a legendary treasure map hidden on an enemy ship, his daughter, Alosa, knows that there's only one pirate for the job—herself. Leaving behind her beloved ship and crew, Alosa deliberately facilitates her own kidnapping to ensure her passage on the enemy ship. After all, who's going to suspect a seventeen-year-old girl locked in a cell?
 
Then she meets the (surprisingly perceptive and unfairly attractive) first mate, Riden, who is charged with finding out all her secrets. Now it's down to a battle of wits and will... Can Alosa find the map and escape before Riden figures out her plan?
 
Debut author Tricia Levenseller blends action, adventure, romance, and a little bit of magic into a thrilling YA pirate tale.
 

Why am I Waiting?

I discovered this book several months ago on Goodreads, and I liked the sound of it so added it to my 'Want to Read' list. I didn't immediately link the book I had added on Goodreads, to the new cover real when I saw it on my Twitter feed. I wasn't wowed by the cover but is slowly beginning to grow on me, defiantly prefer the darker one of the two though.
 
The synopsis is what obviously drew me in, I haven't read a pirate story in a while. I have several on my to-buy and to-read lists, but I can always do with more swashbuckling females going to dangerous - and swoon worthy- adventures.