Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #15 - Top Ten Books I Wish Had More Romance In Them

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

 

Now I as you all should know by know my favourite genre is fantasy.  

I love all the magic, dragons, princesses, assassins, thieves, the wars, the political messes and the diversity of this genre. However, I like my lost princesses to find their prince's, my thief's to fall for the assassin and for everyone to enjoy a bit of romance too. However, some authors just don't seem to agree with me, here are some of the book where I think need a bit more romance to make the books even better:
 
 
 
This book doesn't have any romance in, but this book does set it up nicely for the sequels to have a great romance story I think, can't wait to read it! See all my thoughts on Hope and Red in my review.
 
 
 
 
I can't really pass a full judgement on this book as I did DNF it before I reached the end, but I just couldn't connect to the characters and I really wasn't enjoying the romance. In my opinion the romance need to be done different, which is why it is on my list today.
 
 
 
 
I gave this book 5 Stars even with the lack of romance -that is how good this book was - but I think it would have been even greater with more romance. Find my full thoughts on this book in my book review here.
 
 
 
Although there is some romance in this duology I was holding out for something more, see all my thoughts on this series here.
 
 
 

All though may of these book do have some degree of romance in them, I felt like it wasn't a theme which explored enough to be a main part of the plot. Or in some cases the romance was just so laboriously slow, I mean I enjoy a slow burning romance but not that slow!
 

Can you recommend any fantasy books with great romances? Or have you got some disappointing books to talk about too?