Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #11 - ALL TIME Favorite Books Of The Contemporary Romance Genre

 is an original feature/weekly meme
created at
The Broke and the Bookish

It has been a while since I have done a Top Ten Tuesday but when I saw this weeks topic there was so many options that I decided I should join in this week. If you have been following my blog or any of my social media profiles you will know that I am normally all about the YA Fantasy genre and more recently the Urban Fantasy/ Paranormal genre. Because I have read so many books within these genres I could never have pick my ALL TIME FAVORITES, so today I am going to share with you my favourite contemporary romances, basically because I have less to choose from. So here are my favoured contemporary romances  - which all generally have more than just a romance going on - and they span quite a large age range.
 

The Squad Duology by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

I came across this book first because I read Barnes's Raised by Wolves trilogy and loved her writing, and secondly once I had read the Gallagher Girls series I was looking for more high school spies and this fit the bill. It is a fun filled high school story featuring highly trained cheerleader spies!  
 


Ally Carter

I think most teenage girls have tried a Ally Carter book at some point. Well I am (scarily) almost out of my teenage year and I still love her work and highly anticipate the last book of the Embassy Row series.
 

Blood for Blood Series by Catherine Doyle

This series has featured in so many of my Top Ten Tuesday's this year but, I just love this series. You can see more about these book in my Series Review that I did earlier this year. Not long to wait now for the last book can't wait!!
 

The Sound by Sarah Alderson

I fell in love Sarah Alderson's work years ago when I read the Lila series, and I bought The Sound in the hope that it would be a similar book. I however put on my TBR shelf and kept putting off reading because I realized it was a summer romance book, and I know that generally I am not a great fan of those. However, when I did finally give this book a chance I was completely surprised, be prepared for more murder mystery than fluffy romance.
  

To Mary a Prince by Sophie Page

Always loved this plot line, where the Prince falls in love with a commoner, need I say more?  
 
 

 Kindle Discoveries

 
Broken Trouble (Broken Storm #1) by Kristan Billups
 
Poker Face Duology by Jess Sturman Coombs
 
Heller Series by JD. Nixon
 
Kathleen Turner Series by Tiffany Snow
 
 
***
 

Any contemporary romances your can recommend considering my limited taste within this genre!!??