Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #28 - August Releases (1st- 15th)

Since I haven't yet got around to sharing which of August's releases have caught my attention, I thought I would this months share them in two Waiting on Wednesday posts. So this post looks at the books I am excited about in the first two weeks of August from the 1st to the 15th, so lets get started:
 

The Mafia and His Angel (Tainted Hearts #1) by Lylah James

 
Synopsis From Goodreads
 
Alessio…

Cold. Ruthless. Killer. I am respected and feared by all.

I wasn’t put on this earth to love or be loved. I was put here to wipe out every last member of the damn Abandonato mafia, to pay them back for my mother’s death. When I find a strange girl hiding, beaten, under my bed, I don’t let her live out of compassion. She’s a trinket, my plaything.

Ayla…

I thought Alessio was only one more man who wanted to use me, hurt me, and throw me away. I don’t know what it is to trust anymore. I can’t find my heart under the pain. Alessio found it. He touched it, and brought it alive again. But if he discovers just how dangerous I am to him…I’ll lose my life.
 
Release Date: 1st August 2017
 
Why Am I Waiting?
 
Okay so I am not really waiting for this one any more, my copy is due to arrive at any time and I can't wait to hold it in my hands. I originally read this book when it was on Wattpad and I think I have probably talked about it in a Wattpad recommendation post earlier this year. I am so happy that this book has been published and I look forward to others discovering Alessio and Ayla's story, as well as getting to re-read it myself with a physical copy.
 
***
 

Omega (Mackenzie Grey #4) by Karina Espinosa

 
Synopsis From Goodreads
 
 
Bodies drained of blood are scattered around New York City. With a serial killer on the loose, Mackenzie Grey is obsessed with solving the murders. She dives into her work at the Supernatural Investigative Unit to forget about the events that dismantled her Pack a year ago. When the killer makes Kenz the target, she falls down the rabbit hole and discovers she has a lot more to do with these murders than she realized.

As her past creeps up behind her, she must swallow her pride and seek aid from old and new friends. Nothing stays hidden as Kenz learns a valuable lesson: rats swim.

In the epic finale of the Mackenzie Grey: Origins series, she will finally become the wolf she is destined to be…
 
 
Pre-order from Amazon (UK)
Release Date: 11th August 2017
 
Why Am I Waiting?
 
So this the fourth and final book in a series which I stumbled across the other week. I got hooked into following Mackenzie Grey as she learns of her wolf heritage, but refusing to conform to every rule which govern the shifter world while also dodging the attentions of two best friends. I can't wait to see how this series comes to a conclusion and what life Mackenzie carves out for herself.
 
 ***
 

Crystal Blade (Burning Glass #2) by Kathryn Purdie 

 
Synopsis from Goodreads
 
The peace is unsustainable.

Sonya and Anton may have brought about a revolution, but can they protect their homeland—and their love—with so many forces threatening to tear them apart?

The empire has fallen, Valko faces trial, and Sonya is finally free from her fate as Sovereign Auraseer. But Sonya's expanding abilities are just as unstable as the new government of Riaznin—and her relationship with Anton. Not only can she feel the emotions of others but, unlike other Auraseers, she's learned to make others feel her emotions as well. And Sonya isn't immune to dark temptations.

Now, as Sonya fights to contain her own darkness, she senses a new evil lurking in the shadows of the palace. Someone from Sonya's past has returned. And that someone won't be satisfied until Sonya pays for the mistakes she's made.
 
Pre-order from Amazon (UK)
Release Date: 15th August 2017
 
Why Am I Waiting?
 
I loved the first book in this trilogy (see my review for Burning Glass here) and I can't wait to see the effects of the revolution on both the country, as well as the relationship between the main characters.
 
***
What book are you looking forward to being released this month?
 
Look out for another Waiting on Wednesday post on the 15th where I will share the rest of the book I am excited to be released in the second half of August.